Industrial assets, Processes, and Performance in modern context (IAM560)
The course focuses on Assets, processes, decisions, and performance under modern complex industrial conditions where Assets and systems are exposed to new industrial demands, challenges, and uncertainties. The course specially covers the characteristics of core Assets and performance in modern industrial environments, and how complex processes and decision settings influence different types of scenarios, methods, indicators, etc., to better manage engineering, operations, and performance of modern complex industrial assets and systems.
Course description for study year 2023-2024. Please note that changes may occur.
Semester tution start
Number of semesters
Language of instruction
Industrial importance and mutual dependencies between Industrial assets and performance in complex industrial systems that are exposed to new industrial demands, challenges, and uncertainties.
Core characteristics of core processes in Industrial assets, decisions in modern industrial environments, and how complex processes and decision settings influence different types of scenarios, methods, indicators, etc., to better manage technical and operational performance of modern complex industrial assets and systems.
Practical industrial cases and examples.
- has thorough knowledge of the theories and methods within industrial assets, processes, decisions and performance
- can apply knowledge to Industrial systems, engineering facilities and organizations
- can analyze professional problems related to technical and operational processes, decision making and performance
- can use relevant methods for research and professional development work
- can analyze and deal critically with various sources of information and use them to structure and formulate scholarly arguments
- can carry out a limited research or development project under supervision and in accordance with applicable norms for research ethics
- can apply his/her knowledge and skills in new areas in order to carry out professional assignments and projects
- can communicate about academic issues, analyses and conclusions in the field, both with specialists and the general public
- can contribute to new thinking and innovation processes
Required prerequisite knowledge
|Form of assessment||Weight||Duration||Marks||Aid|
If a student fails the report, she/he have to take this part again next time the subject is lectured.
Obligatory presentations based on Groupwork. An additional individual Report and Oral Assessment if the Presentations are not satisfactory.
Mandatory work demands must be approved by subject teacher within the given deadlines.
Head of Department:Mona Wetrhus Minde
Course coordinator:Jayantha Prasanna Liyanage
Method of work
|Decision Engineering and Performance Management (MOM440_1)||10|
|Industrial assets, Processes, and Performance under modern contexts (OFF560_1)||10|
|Decision Engineering and Performance Management, Industrial assets, Processes, and Performance under modern contexts ( MOM440_1 OFF560_1 )||20|