Every two years, gender researchers and other interested scholars gather to share new knowledge, build networks, and inspire each other. It is an opportunity for sharing new ideas, artistic, creative and activist projects, and completed research.
This year we would especially like to encourage submissions on themes of relevance for our times, such as the climate crisis, academic freedom, the ‘gender debate’, anti/racism, and anti-gender movements, to mention a few areas. Still, we would like to emphasize that all submissions that are deemed relevant to the interdisciplinary field of gender studies will be considered.
In addition to presentations, the conference format facilitates keynote panels, cultural activities, and a conference dinner.
Note that, on 31 May, the National Research School in Gender Studies organises a gathering for PhD candidates. See below "Important information" for registration and infomation about the gathering.
SIGN UP FOR THE CONFERENCE HERE (registration is open until the end of 2nd May 2023).
- Dr. Nafeesa Tarajee Nichols (Department of Language, Literature, Mathemathics and Interpreting, Western Norway University of Applied Sciences).
- Dr. Mathea Slåttholm Sagdahl (Department of Philosophy, Classics, History of Art and Ideas, University of Oslo).
Politics of the Personal: Academia, Art and Activism
- Organiser: Dr. Ramona Dima (MSCA postdoctoral fellow, UiS)
- Dr. Alyosxa Tudor (Centre for Gender Studies at SOAS, University of London)
- Dr. SM Rodriguez (Department of Gender Studies, London School of Economics)
- Dr. Simona Dumitriu (Independent)
Anti-Gender Movements and Academic Freedom
- Organiser: UiS Research Group on Populism, Anti-Gender and Democracy
- Moderator: Prof. Hande Eslen-Ziya (Sociology, UiS)
- Dr. Eser Selen (Kadir Has University, Turkey)
- Dr. Natacha Kennedy, (Educational Studies, Goldsmiths; co-chair Feminist Gender Equality Network, UK)
- Dr. Ozan Félix Sousbois (MSCA postdoctoral fellow, UiS)
- Prof. Elisabeth Lund Engebretsen (Centre for Gender Studies, UiS)