The University of Stavanger and the Society for Experimental Finance invite you to join the Experimental Finance Summer School 2024 at the University of Stavanger, Norway, June 8 - 10, 2024. Students are also invited to attend the Experimental Finance 2024 conference from June 10 – 13.
The goal of the summer school isto deepen students’ understanding and knowledge of the field of experimental finance. While all are welcome, the summer school targets the following groups:
- Young scholars from finance/economics departments who belong to a non-experimental group at their University, but are interested in research in Experimental Finance.
- Young scholars from finance/economics departments that are embedded in an experimental group but want to improve their experimental skills and get an overview over some of the main fields in a systematic way.
- Priority will be given to applicants who have not yet completed their PhDs.
Summer School Dates
8 - 10 June 2024
The summer school will start in the afternoon of June 8 and end around lunch time on June 10. The schedule will be posted closer to the event.
- Jacopo Magnani (Norwegeian University of Science and Technology) . Research topics: Experimental Finance, Portfolio choices
- Nadya Malenko (Boston College) - Research topics: Corporate Governance, Voting
- Olya A. Rud (University of Stavanger) - Research topics: Experimental Finance, Asset Markets
- Orly Sade (Hebrew University of Jerusalem) - Research topics: Behavioral Finance, Portfolio Allocation
Please submit your CV and a Letter of Motivation via https://www.conftool.org/ef2024/
- March 12: Deadline for applications
- April 12: Notification of acceptance
- May 10: Registration deadline
- Summer School only: 200€
- Summer School + Conference: 300€
Note: We will refund 50% in case of cancellations up to two weeks prior to the selected event(s). In case of cancellations less than two weeks before the beginning of the selected event(s) we will not be able to provide a refund.
Funding for PhD Candidates
This year, the Society for Experimental Finance can financially support a limited number of PhD candidates attending the Summer School, waiving registration fees and paying for accommodation, but not transportation. You can apply for financial support in your letter of motivation. Briefly state which main attendance costs are not covered by your institution. Mention whether you would attend only the Summer School, or the main Conference as well, in case you are awarded support.
The summer school takes place at the University of Stavanger, School of Business and Law, Elise Ottesen-Jensens House, room EOJ-101HH (map).
There are rooms reserved at the Ydalir hotel on Campus. Please contact Åse or Olga for details