There will be a possibility to have workshops on the day after the main NIKT conference, Thursday November 30.
Workshops may be either half-day (3 hours plus break) or full day (6 hours plus breaks). Workshops may be on any topic relevant to any of the four tracks in the NIKT conference.
Workshop proposals should contain the following information:
- Title and abstract (short description) for the workshop. The abstract should include who the target audience of the workshop is.
- Duration (half day or full day)
- Resource requirements (for instance what size and kind of room you prefer)
- Names and email addresses of the organizers
- Any other relevant information
All NIKT 2023 workshops will be "serviced" meaning that logistics such as registration, catering, room allocation, and audio-visual arrangements will be handled by local organizers. The workshop organizers are responsible for everything else, including defining the technical program and workshop format.
Workshop proposals should be sent by email to local organizer Erlend Tøssebro, email@example.com
Proposals will be selected based on their relevance to the conference and timely advances in their respective topics. In particular, proposals will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- potential to advance the state of research and practice
- organisers’ experience and ability to lead a successful event
- balance and synergy between the proposed topics
- Opportunity for active participation by the participants of the workshop
- continuity of the workshop series, past workshops at NIKT dealing with the same topics
Workshop proposal submission: May 26
Notification: June 9. Title and abstracts for the selected workshops will also be posted on the NIKT webpages no later than June 9.
Workshop day: November 30