Here you’ll find links to financial, legal, statistical and market data resources. The Library can help you with searching for literature. Through the library you have access to research and academic resources that are useful for students and researchers at UiS Business School.
If you have any questions about the library resources for the UiS Business school, please contact me and I will help you.
Academic librarian for UiS Business School firstname.lastname@example.org
Master or PhD student or a researcher at UiS? Borrow a librarian for guidance and help with a literature search.
Suggest literature or subscriptions that the library should have in our collection, and we will consider buying it.
Databases and academic sources
The library has academic resources and information relevant for business school studies, which gives you access to economic data, statistics, legal sources, and market analysis.
Remember to use Remote Access to gain access to our online resources even if you are not on campus.
Eikon Datastream gives you access to a broad range on financial information, news and data around the world.
UiS students and PhD-candidates can install Refinitiv Workspace (Eikon) with DataStream on their own computer. This requires a license that you can apply for. You need to use your UiS student or employee email when applying for the license. The license is given for 14-30 days.
If there is a queue the bachelor students licenses will be reduced to 14 days.
Master and PhD candidates get the license for 30 days.
Expanded company and accounting information on Norwegian companies registered in “Brønnøysundregistrene”
Proff Forvalt provides:
- Overall Summary of all Norwegian companies
- Roles and relationships in business
- Segmentation tool with export to Excel
- E-mail notification of changes
Access to the database is password controlled. Contact the front desk in the library or send us an email to get access.
We have three licenses.
In Oria you can find an overview over relevant database for finance, management and legal resources.
Some of the databases are open access, but for most of them you’ll need UiS sign in. Use remote access if you are off campus.
- Business Source Complete: Research articles from peer reviewed journals, articles from trade journals and business magazines, case studies, industry reports, market research reports, country reports, company profiles, SWOT analyses, author profiles over the most-cited authors in the database, and more.
- EconLit with full text: The American Economic Association's electronic bibliography. Indexes economic literature from around the world. Includes i.a. articles, books, book reviews and dissertations.
- Emerald Insight: Full text database of journals published by Emerald. Topics include management, library & information services, engineering, applied sciences, and technology.
- NBER (National Bureau of Economic Research): Working paper series
- RePEc (Research Papers in Economics): RePEc is a collaborative effort of hundreds of volunteers in 102 countries to enhance the dissemination of research in Economics and related sciences.
- S-WoPEC: Access to working papers in finance from Nordic academic institutions and research organizations.
- World Bank eLibrary: The World Bank e-Library is an online, fully cross-searchable portal of over 3,900 World Bank documents. The collection consists of over 1,600 World Bank publications and over 2,300 Policy Research Working Papers.
With Browzine you can easily get an overview of the journals you need, and create your own, virtual bookshelf with the journals you want to read and keep track of.
You can find printed newspapers in the library, mostly in Norwegian.
Retriever (Atekst): Articles in full text from Norwegian newspapers and magazines.
- UiS Brage: In UiS Brage, our open archive, you can find scientific articles published at UiS. You can also find bachelor- and master thesis’s from UiS. Thesis’s older than 2009 is available in printed form in the library.
- EconPapers: EconPapers provides access to RePEc, the world's largest collection of on-line Economics working papers, journal articles and software. Most of the working papers and articles are available in full text, but some need a subscription. Ask the library if you need help accessing the papers.
The library offers several services to help you get started and take care of important elements in the writing process.
The UiS Business school usually use the citation style APA 7th.The Citation Compass (Kildekompasset) gives examples and explanations on how to quote/cite any type of source, both in-text and in the reference list. The Citation Compass covers both APA 6th and APA 7th
You can get help with your writing assignments from student mentors in the Study Lab. They also offer writing groups for master's students. In UiS Brage you can find previous student assignments, both at bachelor's and master's level. You can use these as inspiration, but be aware that the grades can be from A to E.
Research and publish
If you are starting a research project the library can help you with literature search, data mangment, useful software for reference mangment and more.
If you are starting a research project and need help getting started with the literature search you can ask for a guidance session. Employees, PhD-students and master students at UiS can book individual guidance in searching and systematic searching.
We reccomend using reference management tools, and other software to help you during your researching process. The library offers workshops and support in: Endnote: reference manager that helps you save time formatting citations. Zotero: free and user-friendly reference managment tool. NVivo: lets you process qualitative data. Rayyan: screen your references for systematic reviews and more.
A systematic search for literature is a comprehensive and well-planned search relevant sources. The use of search terms and keyword synonyms are important. The goal is to find as much literature as possible within a chosen area or topic. The searches should be documented and replicable.
Employees, PhD-students and master students at UiS can book individual guidance in searching and systematic searching. Contact for any inquiries. To get the most of a session it is important that you arrive prepared.
- Define the key words for your search strategy
- Choose relevant databases
- Find relevant search terms: Subject terms, keywords
- Choose exclusion criteria’s
More about searching:
News from UiS Business School
His research focuses on the theoretical and empirical study of companies' innovation and branding strategy and strategic...
Elham Ghazimatin is awarded the «Robert Lusch Early Career Research Award» for her research in marketing.
UiS Business School and Centre for Innovation Research have had two guest researchers this semester.
Syed Aqib Ali is taking the MSc in Business Administration at UiS Business School. He patted himself on the shoulder for...
Two master students from UiS Business School have got their research published in an international journal
In Economics of Motivations at UiS Business School, students participated in a case competition as consultants. The winn...
– It was perfect that we could go out and see it with our own eyes, says Professor Gorm Kipperberg.
Three master students from UiS Business School are one of two finalists in the international marketing competition DMC.
– The expertise you get through the MSc in Business Administration gives a good foundation for any job in economics and finance
Marie Larsen Gellein has taken three degrees at UiS Business School. After taken the MSc in Business Administration, she...
The academic environment in the Department of Accounting and Law at UiS Business School is strengthening.
Op-Ed Columnist: We believe that master's students are our youngest researchers. We are therefore very worried that we w...
KÅKÅ|nomics 2022 is arranged from October 26. to October 29. in Stavanger. UiS Business School is a partner and co-organ...
UiS Business Schools' «Clean Energy Law and Economics Conference» is a new yearly conference in Stavanger that will expl...
Ph.D.-students and UiS faculty spent a full week diving into the methodology of behavioural interventions from Dr. David...
Serinha Murgorgo was looking for an international degree in innovation and chose UiS Business School. – Business develop...
He is one of the foremost RCTs experts and has again taught PhD-students from all over Europe at UiS.
Ashley Moran participated in several InGenious challenges as a student at UiS. Now she is returning to the university wi...
It is impressive how she has qualified for tenure through this demanding tenure-track in a short amount of time, says De...
To be best prepared for two demanding years, the master's program in Business Administration at UiS Business School has ...
The award comes from one of the worlds leading journals on management research.
Professor in economics Magne Mogstad from the University of Chicago taught econometrics to PhD students from all over Eu...
The new expert group appointed by the Norwegian government is led by Mari Rege, an economics professor at UiS Business S...
Nhi Le chose UiS because she wants to impact the environment positively. Her background landed her a job in Vår Energi
Nhi Le's goal was to study and find the answers to how she could make the world a better place for human beings. The eco...
My summer job: Navid is working with simulation-based learning for healthcare education.
The University of Stavanger Business School is happy to offer the course "Design of Effective Behavioral Interventions" ...
Marte Cecilie Wilhelmsen Solheim is promoted to Professor in Innovation Studies at UiS Business School. Her research com...
Professor of Marketing at UiS Business School, Kenneth Henning Wathne, has received the publication prize of the most em...
Anders Åkerman is promoted to Professor of Economics at UiS Business School. He is mainly working on issues related to t...
Dengjun Zhang is promoted to professor of accounting at the UiS Business School. His recent research focuses on economic...
As a new professor at UiS Business School, Hongyan Shi wants to help students build their skills in decision-making.
The number of international applicants to the Master of Science in Business Administration has increased by over 70 perc...
UiS Business School offers the course Randomized controlled trials in the social sciences (PHD416) to PhD students in th...
Professor Kenneth H. Wathne from the UiS Business School is appointed member of the 2022 Louis W. Stern Award Committee.
The Swedish Corona Commission released its report on February 24. Associate professor Anders Åkerman at UiS Business Sch...
Elham Ghazimatin's dissertation paper “Mobilizing the Temporary Organization: The Governance Roles of Selection and Pric...
The University of Stavanger Business School is pleased to offer the course Econometrics PHD401 to PhD students in the so...
Professor Mattias Hamberg is honoured with the Best Paper Award 2021 by the European Accounting Association for a paper ...