Join the library for an introduction to the data managment software NVivo.
Introduction to NVivo
This workshop covers the basic functions in NVivo. You will get to know the user interface and learn how to import different kinds of data. You will learn different methods of coding, and how to use the coding to make various queries. We will also go through how you can visualize your data.
Target audience: master students, PhD candidates and staff at UiS Equipment: Your own laptop with NVivo installed Teaching method: Workshop Prior knowledge needed: No, but prior knowledge about research method and design is recommended Language: English Where: Online in Zoom. Password: bibliotek
After the class you should know:
- How to start a new project
- The user interface of NVivo and how to utilise it
- How to import different files into NVivo
- Different ways of coding your data
- How to transcribe in NVivo
- How to make notes and comments
- Simple data visualization
Remember to install NVivo before you attend the class.
The class is online in Zoom. Password: bibliotek
Check out Canvas for more information about NVivo.
Questions about NVivo? Contact:
Classes and events at the Library