Are you unsure of how to collect and store your research data securely and in accordance with data privacy regulations? This course is for those of you who would like help with these issues.
Data security and privacy in research projects
In this webinar we will address how to classify your own research data and help you determine appropriate data collection, processing, and storage services available at UiS. For researchers working with personal data, we will present the Norwegian data protection regulations and walk you through how to make sure that your project is GDPR compliant.
- Target audience: PhD candidates and staff at UiS
- Teaching method: Lecture and discussion
- No. of participants: 50
- Registration: Registration
- Language: English
- Where: Teams
After the course you should be familiar with:
- Preferred tools for data collection
- Storing research data securely at UiS
- Data classification
- Using the UiS storage guide
- Labelling and encryption
- Making your research GDPR proof
- Principles of GDPR
- Legal basis for data collection
- Managing respondents’ rights
The course will be provided by Rolf Jegervatn, UiS Data Protection Officer, and Christian Sommer, from the UiS IT department.