At UiS you can connect to the wireless network eduroam or uis guest network.
If you have a user account at UiS, you can connect to eduroam. If you come from another UH institution that uses eduroam, you can also connect to eduroam at UiS - use the login information you have at your institution. As a guest at UiS, you can access the wireless network uis-gjestenett.
• Select eduroam from the network list • You will see a login window • Enter username: [student number] @uis.no • Enter password: your UiS password (Feide password) • Connect
Check out the instructions below or the article here for more information on connecting to eduroam.
• Select uis guest network from network list • You will be redirected to a self-registration website • Enter name, company and mobile number (only mobile number required) • You will receive a four-digit code via SMS, it will cost 2 NOK • Enter the code and connect
Connect to eduroam with...
Here you will find instructions on how to connect eduroam with iPhone or iPad:
Here you will find instructions on how to connect eduroam with your Android device:
Here's a guide on how to connect eduroam with Windows 10:
Set up eduroam manually
If you cannot access eduroam with your username and password, you can try setting up eduroam manually:
• Connect to the uis guest wireless network "uis-gjestenett".
• Choose "If you need to setup your client for eduroam. Click here" and select "Click here".
• Go to https://eduroam.no/connect/
• Select institution "University of Stavanger"
• The browser should select platform / operating system automatically, if not, select what platform / operating system you use.
• Download your eduroam profil.
• Run the configuration file.
• Username: [student number]@uis.no
• Password: Your UiS password (Feide password)
After this, you should only switch to eduroam if your computer does not do this automatically.
If you need to download certificate to your wireless device, you may download the certificate USERTrust RSA Certification Authority (issued by GEANT OV RSA CA 4) at Sectigo from the following location: