To promote increased innovation in the region, Rogaland County Council has established a prize for master's students in Rogaland. The following institutions are invited to participate: UiS, BI Stavanger, HVL(campus Haugesund), and VID's (campus Stavanger and Sandnes). The award is given to a master's student who has shown a great deal of innovation in his or her project, or to a student who has combined familiar elements in a new and innovative way. The prize of 30,000 NOK will be handed out by the county mayor at the county council in October.
The following three criteria must be met:
- The innovation must contribute to one or more of the UN's sustainability goals.
- The master's thesis must be of high academic standards.
- The thesis contributes to a new solution to an important problem.
Proposals for candidates are submitted by the head of the department/study leader after nomination from the supervisor. Each department or program area is allowed a maximum of two candidates. The candidate proposal (maximum one page), must contain the following points:
- Title of the master's thesis
- Grade on the thesis
- What was known within the field beforehand?
- Description of solution compiled through the master thesis
- What impact will this have in the future?
- Which of the UN's sustainability goals does the solution contribute to?
Follow the link below to fill out the form. The candidate proposal must be submitted by September 1st, 2021.
The jury consists of representatives from Rogaland County Council, the Youth County Council, the University of Stavanger, Western Norway University of Applied Sciences, BI, VID, Validé and a student representative (rolls between the educational institutions). The prize will be awarded at the County Council meeting on 26 October 2021.