Join the library for a class about the reference managment tool Zotero.
Introduction to Zotero
In this class you will learn the basic functionalities of Zotero, and after the class you should be able to use the program on your own. You will learn how to import and save different types of references into your Zotero library, and evaluate the information to make sure the references and bibliography are correct. You learn how to use Zotero in Word, and how to choose the correct reference style.
Target audience: Students and staff at UiS Equipment: Your own laptop with Zotero installed Prior knowledge needed: Basic knowledge about citing and searching for literature in databases is recommended Teaching method: Lecture and own work under guidance. Participants: 20 Language: English Where: KE A-253
After the class you should know how to:
- Manually enter and save references into your Zotero library.
- Import and save references to Zotero from Oria, databases, websites, etc.
- Check that the information you import into Zotero is correct, and why this is important.
- Insert references in the correct reference style into your document, with and without page numbers.
- Make a correct bibliography.
- Switch between different reference styles and languages
- Use important functionalities in Zotero like organizing the references in folders, saving PDF files, searching the library and more.
- Share libraries with others.
Remember to download both the program and Zotero Connector for your browser.
Visit our Zotero help page in Canvas for more information about Zotero and how to use it.
The class is in KE A-253, at the library.