UiSDC is an academic and social forum, contributing towards a good research environment in Stavanger. UiS DC is the interest organisation of the PhD candidates at UiS.
As an interest organization, UiS DC represents the doctoral candidates and post-docs in different decision-making and administrative bodies at UiS.
UiSDC represents all registered research fellows and doctoral candidates and post-docs associated with UiS.
While some activities take place at the faculties, like faculty PhD gatherings, UiS DC can also be contacted if there is a need to organize activities across faculties.
The new board for 2023 consists of:
- President Yucong Ma (Department of Mechanical and Structural Engineering and Material Science, Faculty of Science and Technology)
- Vice president Ali Alkaraly (Department of Chemistry, Bioscience and Environmental Engineering, Faculty of Science and Technology)
- Treasurer Abdelrahman Abdelaal (Department of Chemistry, Bioscience and Environmental Engineering, Faculty of Science and Technology)
- Communication coordinator Usman Shaukat (Department of Mechanical and Structural Engineering and Material Science, Faculty of Science and Technology)
In addition to the board, there are representatives of the PhD committees at each faculty:
- Faculty of Social Sciences:
- Faculty of Science and Technology: Mohamed Ahmed Fathy Abdelshafy Omran
- Faculty of Arts and Education: Jonas Taudal Bækgaard
- Faculty of Health Sciences: Bente Hamre Larsen
- Faculty of Arts and Education: Kristoffer Berre Alberts
PhD representatives in central UiS committees 2023:
UiSDC does not provide practical guidance on the study situation at Stavanger, such as accomodation, visa, costs, etc. For this type of information, we direct you to the Research Training Secretariat. They are responsible for administering research training at UiS, and can provide both administrative information and practical assistance.