Webinar on The Nexus between Scientists and Decision Makers in Disaster Risk Management.
In the framework of the ROADMAP project, a series of Webinars are organised with international experts on Disaster Risk Management (DRM).
The first webinar, The Nexus between Scientists and Decision Makers in Disaster Risk Management, will be held on 25 June 2021, at 10 AM (CEST), and will be dedicated to discuss the important role of scientists in feeding decision making in the DRM process and to understand how the connection between science and decision making can be improved.
- 10.00‐10.30: Opening. Presentation of the ROADMAP project. Andrea Prota & Domingos X. Viegas.
- 10.30‐11.00: Risk Management Models. Enhancing Stakeholders Involvement, Alexandre Tavares, University of Coimbra, Portugal.
- 11.00‐11.30: Building an effective collaboration between civil protection decision‐makers and scientists for DRR: the Italian experience, Daniela Di Bucci, Civil Protection Department, Italy.
- 11.30‐12.00: Scientific data and products to support a knowledge base for decision making in disaster risk management, Massimo Cocco, National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology, Italy.
- 12.00‐12.30: From data to action: Epidemiologists and Decision Makers in the management of national COVID‐19 pandemic response in Italy, Flavia Riccardo, Italian National Institute of Health.
- 12.30‐13.00: Debate and closure.
Discussion will follow after the presentations by the speakers through a Q&A section.
The participation in the webinar is free, but registration is mandatory (deadline for registration 23.06.21). The language of the webinar is English.
Please register here.
For more information, please contact Claudia Morsut.