Concrete Structures, advanced course (BYG660)
The course is an advanced course for the design of pre-stressed/reinforced concrete structures as well as the assessment and strengthening of existing concrete structures.
Course description for study year 2022-2023
Semester tution start
Number of semesters
Language of instruction
Part (1): Analysis and design of Pre-stressed concrete structures (5 SP)
Party (2): The following topics (5SP);
- Design of deep beams and walls
- Design of concrete Shells
- Condition assessment and strengthening of existing structures
- Design of different slabs systems
The aim of this course is to provide students with a more advanced coverage of various topics related to the design of concrete structures. It targets those who wish to specialize in Structural Engineering and are planning a career in structural design. On successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Analyze, design and detail pre-stressed concrete members;
- Asses the condition and strengthen existing concrete structures
- Analyze, design and detail deep beams and walls;
- Analyze, design and details concrete shell elements.
- Analyze, design and detail reinforced concrete different slabs;
- Ability to analyze and design complex concrete structural elements in buildings and bridges.
- Assess and identify the performance of existing structures and plan solutions for their reinforcement
- Ability to work as a structural engineer with a higher level of competence
Required prerequisite knowledge
|Form of assessment||Weight||Duration||Marks||Aid|
|Written exam||1/1||4 Hours||Letter grades||None permitted|
The students will require to be approved at least 5 out of in total 7 of the compulsory assignments in order to take the exam.
Course coordinator:Samarakoon Mudiyansele Samindi Samarakoon
Head of Department:Mona Wetrhus Minde
Method of work
|Concrete Technology og Concrete Constructions (BYG600_1)||5|