UiS offers students who are going on an Erasmus+ student exchange the opportunity to apply for an environmental grant. The scholarship is part of UiS' commitment to green transformation. The scholarship is in addition to any 'Green Travel' grant from the EU Commission of 50 EUR.
- Must have been granted a place on exchange through Erasmus + (studies or practice) for a minimum of 2 months.
- Only possible to participate in the exchange semester. Students who are on exchange for two semesters can participate in both semesters.
- Travels that are calculated as environmentally friendly travel include bus, train and bicycle. Contact the International Office in the Exchange Guide if you have questions regarding the choice of environmentally friendly means of transport.
- More than half (50%) of the journey must be completed with environmentally friendly means of transport.
- Students who are awarded grant must contribute content to the International Section's Instagram account; @uisutveksling. Either by having a takeover while traveling, or by submitting a photo and content from the trip that can be published afterwards.
How to participate?
To participate, you must send a message in the Digital student service desk where you describe the plan for the trip and inform that you want to apply for UiS' environmental grant.
The deadline for applying is February 1st for students who are going on an exchange in the spring semester, and June 1st for students who are going on an exchange in the autumn semester.
For the academic year 2022/2023, UiS has 5 grants of NOK 2,000 (3 grants will be awarded for the autumn and 2 grants for the spring). The award will be made on the first working day after the application deadline, and it will be made by an employee of the International Office, together with two witnesses. Winners of the environmental scholarship will be contacted in Utvekslingsveilederen. In addition, the award will also be published on the International Office's website and Instagram account; @uisutveksling.
The scholarship will be paid out after the exchange has ended. A receipt is used as proof of the trip and must be uploaded in Digital student service desk.. The deadline for uploading documentation is August 30th for students who have been on exchange in the spring semester, and February 28th for students who have been on exchange in the autumn semester. If the semester is not finished before the deadline, you can upload documents for the planned trip. The environmental grant will be paid out together with the remaining part of the Erasmus+ grant. Payment date September 30 / March 30.
Students who cannot document that more than half of the trip has been made environmentally friendly will not receive a scholarship.
If there are fewer applicants than the number of grants, all applicants will be awarded a grant.
Grants that have been guaranteed but have not been used will be awarded in a new draw. New draws will apply to students who were not awarded scholarships in the first round.