Practical and relevant one-day workshop
Get interactive guidance, relevant notes and personal feedback.
Theory takes second place to practicality; delegates are helped to ‘own’ the ideas and apply them to their own situation. Our training will involve interpersonal exercises to support the learning.
Managing Time and Prioritizing Tasks
- Balancing the urgent and the important; adapting to change
- Keeping the project on track: time allocation and deadlines
- Running/contributing to a research project: how leadership/teamwork style can affect efficiency
- Helping colleagues to help themselves: the benefits of coaching and delegating
Managing Stress and Checking Personal Effectiveness
- Self-management: motivation and gaining control
- Assertiveness techniques: soft on people, hard on points
- Work-life balance: dealing with stress and burnout
- Making recommendations that colleagues will listen to – and act upon
Personal Action Plan
- What can we as a team/I as an individual do to help reduce stress - and balance effectiveness and efficiency?
Date and time: 21st February 2023, 09.00 – 16.00, including free lunch.
Place: Arne Rettedals hus, G-202 (60)
Instructor: Susanna Lyddon, Right Brain Training
Course language: English
Course fee: Free for PhD candidates at UiS
Presence is expected for the entire duration of the course. To ensure a good balance of interaction, personal feedback and shared experience the maximum number of participants is 12.
The deadline of application is 7th February 2023, and we process the applications on a first come, first served principle.
Registration upon email invitation.
Contact Elin Ellingsen if you are a PhD candidate at US who hasn't received an invitation yet, or if you have any questions.