Learn about clean energy with the Clean Energy Law and Economics Conference, arranged by UiS Business School.
This yearly conference in Stavanger explores all aspects of clean energy, and clean energy law and economics, in an understandable way.
Four panels will discuss solar energy, offshore wind experiences, investments in offshore wind, and green taxes and incentives. Among the participants are both Norwegian and International experts.
Join us at the UiS Business School to learn more about law, policy and financial considerations in producing clean electricity in Europe and the US.
08:30: Opening remarks from Ola Kvaløy, Dean at UiS Business School.
08:45: Stavangers mayor, Kari Nessa Nordtun.
09:00-10:30: Panel 1. Solar Energy; how to grow a solar energy company.
- Trygve Nilssen (Partner, Schjødt Stavanger)
- Øyvind Vesterdal (CEO Norsk Solar AS)
- Urosh Tomovich (Management consultant solar energy)
- Moderator is Douglas McKeige (Former litigator and Wallstreet financer, Editor in Chief at CAPM2.0)
10:45-12:15: Panel 2. Offshore Wind Project Experience.
- Ryan Hopkins (Partner, White & Case, Houston)
- Philippe Kavafyan (Executive Director, Aker Horizons)
- Equinor - Offshore wind in Norway, opportunities for the Norwegian supplier industry: experiences from Hywind Tampen (HyT)
- Yihan Xing (Professor, UiS)
- Moderator is Kristoffer Svendsen from UiS Business School
13:30-15:00: Panel 3. Investing in and financing offshore wind projects.
- Douglas McKeige (former litigator and Wallstreet financer, Editor in chief at CAPM2.0)
- Pareto Securities
- Snorre Haukali (CMS Kluge)
- Moderator is Urosh Tomovich (management consultant)
15:15-16:45: Panel 4. Green Taxes and Incentives: How does it influence green investments?
- Enja Sæthren (Head of Govt Relations and Support Mechanisms, Scatec)
- Gjermund Grimsby (Chief Advisor, Climate change, KLP)
- Manus Pandey (Head Advisor Energy and Climate policies, Statkraft)
- Torfinn Harding (Economics professor at UiS Business School)
- Arnault Barichella (PhD candidate, Sciences Po) Climate Change and governance, in light of green incentives
- Moderator is Benn Folkvord from UiS Business School
If you have any questions regarding the conference, please contact Kristoffer Svendsen.
Events by UiS Business School
Tue. 25.10 09:00
wed. 26.10 15:00
Wed. 26.10 12:00
sat. 29.10 22:00
KÅKÅ|nomics 2022: Lecture: Alone and Lonely - The economic consequences of solitude at a regional level in Europe