The current election period is August 1st, 2017 to July 31st 2021.
The board has 10 members:
- 2 external representatives appointed by the Rector
- 4 representatives elected from the academic staff
- 1 representative elected from the technical and administrative staff
- 2 student representatives (election period 1 year)
The faculty board is the faculty's supreme organ and is responsible for establishing the faculty's overriding objectives, priorities and strategies.
The board is headed one of the external representatives, who together with the Dean and the Faculty director prepares items for consideration by the board. The faculty director acts as secretary to the board.
All meetings of the faculty board are normally held in open session. In certain cases the board may meet in closed session, with only the board members and the secretary to the board present.
The faculty board exercises its responsibility on the basis of resolutions passed by the university board, and in accordance with such statutes, regulations and rules as are at any time applicable.
Most matters dealt with by the faculty board are regulated by the faculty's governance and administrative regulations.
The board considers
- The annual plan and the annual budget
- Overriding plans, principles and priorities for the faculty, as established in long-term plans, such as, for example, the strategic plan and academic priorities.
The approval of the faculty's accounts and annual report are one instrument used by the faculty board to follow up the faculty’s activities.
The internal organisation of departments, academic groups etc. is also considered by the faculty board, within limits established by the university board.
The faculty board has the authority to make appointments to academic positions.