Internationally new employees will be contacted by EMCU when the Contract of Employment is signed. Please do not start the visa process before you have contacted EMCU.
University of Stavanger (UiS) collaborate with the company RELOCATION who work with integration of international employees and offers a smooth and simplified process for UiS' assignees.
Relocation and UiS / EMCU will advise, identify and collect supporting documentation, review and track the application with the Immigration authorities. The service, and the visa fee, for the employee, is covered by University of Stavanger. Visa fee will be reimbursed. EMCU provide necessary documents to Relocation. The employee will be assisted with the following:
- Visa application
- Registration form Service Center for Foreign Workers/police
- Registration in National registry (National Identity Number/temporary number)
- Applying for tax card
- Registration at the post office
- Opening of bank account(s)
- Health care/primary doctor
- European Health Insurance Card
- Applying for residence permit (Non-EU)
- Prepayment of government fee (Non-EU)
- Follow up with immigration authorities (Non-EU)
- TB test when required (Non-EU)
If you have any questions please contact EMCU; firstname.lastname@example.org