Our language courses aim to provide skills in speaking, reading and writing Norwegian. They also give an introduction to Norwegian culture. The teaching methods are communicative, and students will be challenged to use the language actively. The syllabus follows the standardized objectives of the European Framework of language, and the curricula follows the national “Læreplan i norsk og samfunnskunnskap for voksne innvandrere.”
Our language courses are non-credit courses. An attendance of 85 % is required for completed course. A certificate is provided after the course is finished.
The University of Stavanger is an approved offerer of Norwegian lessons as part of the 250 hours needed in Norwegian language for residency permit.
A background of higher education and a legal residency permit in Norway.
DESCRIPITION OF LEVEL A1, A2, B1 and B2
LEVEL 1 (A1) 85 HOURS
After completing level 1, students should be able to:
- Understand clearly spoken Norwegian on subjects relating to everyday life
- Talk about known subjects with a limited vocabulary
- Pronounce Norwegian in a way that does not interfere with communication
- Read textbooks and similar texts on subjects relating to everyday life
- Know the basic rules of Norwegian grammar
LEVEL 2 (A2) 85 HOURS
After level 2 students should be able to:
- Understand oral presentation on everyday life current issues from family and social life
- Talk about known topics
- Initiate conversations and express opinions about familiar topics
- Understand the main ideas of radio and television programs
- Read textbooks and simple authentic texts
- Have sufficient command of both oral and written Norwegian which errors that do not interfere with communication
LEVEL 3 (B1) 85 HOURS
- Understand the main points in written and oral presentation related to familiar topics.
- Give a presentation, written and orally, about known topics.
- Participate actively in conversations and express thoughts, point of views related to everyday life, work and interests.
- Read and understand the main points in textbooks, simple articles and newspaper.
- Have sufficient command of both oral and written Norwegian which errors that do not interfere with communication.
NIVÅ 4 (B2) 85 TIMER
B2 kurset tar sikte på å forbedre dine ferdigheter i å skrive, lytte, snakke og lese norsk. Kurset inneholder kunnskap om norsk kultur. Undervisningsmetodene er kommunikative og krever aktiv deltakelse på kurset. Noen lekser må påregnes B2.
Ønsker du å vite mer om prøver se KOMPETANSE NORGE