Workshop in Tableau
This is an introduction workshop for people that have never used Tableau before. The workshop will go through data management and what to keep in mind when you are working with data and visual communication. We will go through the Tableau user interface and how to create graphs, storyboards and stories, before we work on example data sets or your own data if you prefer.
To participate in the workshop, you need to pre-install Tableau. UiS does not provide Tableau, but students at UiS have access to a free license. Staff at UiS who are going to use Tableau for research or teaching can download Tableau here.
Other people who want to use Tableau can download a 14-day trial here.
Target audience: students and staff at UiS
Equipment: Your own laptop with Tableau installed and an active Tableau license
Prior knowledge needed: No
Duration: 3 hours
After the class you should know:
- What to focus on when you are processing data
- When and why to use visual communication
- How to manage large amounts of data with Tableau
- How to use most of Tableaus visualisation tools
- How to build a dashboard and a story
- How to export your visualisations