Searching the library’s database
Start your search in the library’s database Oria. You can search for books, journals and articles. You can also search for one or more subjects.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for in the library’s collection, you can search “All libraries”. ORIA contains the collections of all university libraries in Norway, as well as many other academic libraries.
You renew your loans in Oria:
- Click on "Sign in" in the upper right corner on the screen
- Go to My Account.
- Log in using Feide
- Renew all your loans, or choose the ones you'd like to renew.
If you are not a student or staff at UiS you choose Bibsys as affiliation. User name is [borrower-ID]@bibsys.no. You will receive a password via e-mail when you are registered as a user in the library.
Materials you cannot renew yourself:
- Materials reserved by another patron
- Books which you have already had for six months (two years for staff). These may be renewed by bringing them to the library.
- If you have received a compensation claim for one or several documents.
You can make reservations for items that are borrowed or reserved by another patron. This is how to do it:
- Search for the book in ORIA.
- Click on "Does not exist at Universitetsbiblioteket i Stavanger". This message can mean that the book is currently unavailable.
- Sign in to reserve the book.
- Click “Request” under "Get it"
- Write a comment if necessary and click “Request”
The item is reserved for you and you will receive a notice by SMS or e-mail when it can be collected at the library. You have four days to collect the item after receiving the notice.
It is not possible to reserve items available on the shelves.
In order to request an interlibrary loan, search “All libraries” and proceed the same way as when you reserve material. Click "Resource sharing request" under "Get it" to request an interlibrary loan.
Students and staff may order articles and books from other libraries free of charge. Students from other universities and university colleges may order books from other libraries free of charge.
Additional prices for external patrons:
Interlibrary loan: 150 NOK
Article copies: 150 NOK
Note that external patrons may in most cases get interlibrary loans free of charge at their local public library.
If you are not able to find your required documents via ORIA, you may send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org, or you could hand the request to us at the library counter. Please remember to add all the information required for us to locate the document. For articles, information about journal name, author, title, year, volume, issue and pages is required.
We will order the material for you. Available documents usually arrive within one week. Article copies usually arrive after one or two days. A notice is sent to you by SMS or e-mail when the requested material arrives.