This digital course gives you insight about energy and energy technologies, and enables you to assess various energy solutions. After this course, you should be able to use your knowledge about energy systems as transition tool towards a low carbon society.
Free of charge, except for course literature
This course gives you basic insights into what energy is, how it is measured, different types of energy that exists and various energy conversion technologies.
The course then moves on to present various energy technologies and the deficiencies of different energy technologies (fossil and non-fossil based) and the changes the current shortcomings present for a transition to a low carbon society.
Other topics that will be covered are the role different energy technologies can play in the transition to a low carbon society, the challenges and opportunities represented by digitalization and ICT related to energy system integration, and various configurations of possible solutions for energy system integration.
At the end of the course you shall have:
- Basic knowledge of energy, energy forms and energy technologies
- Advanced knowledge of the challenges of different energy technologies in relation to the environment
- Advanced knowledge of energy system integration
- Knowledge of challenges and opportunities represented by digitalization and ICT
- You should be able to apply the insights on energy and energy technologies to assess various energy solutions
- Youbshould be able to critically assess and evaluate different energy solutions
After the course, you are expected to be able to use the knowledge and skills in the analysis of energy system integration and apply it as a transition tool towards a low carbon society.
Bachelor Degree 180 ECTS
Foreign applicants must also document education and English skills in accordance with NOKUT's regulations.
Required prerequisite knowledge
A three-hour written home exam. The exam will be a combination of multiple choice and short answers. Marks: A - F. Weight: 100%.
Two mandatory assignments.
The assignments must be approved to get access to written exam
Method of work
Lectures and student assignments.