This new online course enables you to become familiar with basic tools and processes used in Data Science, and work through the whole data lifecycle from loading, through cleaning and modeling, to storing the data.
01. August 2022
NOK 18 500,- + semester fee and course literature.
The ability to create, manage and utilize data has become one of the most important challenges for practitioners in almost all disciplines, sectors, and industries.
The ability to create, manage and utilize data has become one of the most important challenges for practitioners in almost all disciplines, sectors, and industries. In this course, you will become familiar with basic tools and processes used in Data Science.
You will work through the whole data lifecycle from loading, through cleaning and modeling, to storing the data. The work is performed using Python stack consisting i.a. of: IPython, NumPy, Pandas, Matplotlib, and Jupyter Notebooks. Students learn to structure their work using CRISP-DM and Data Science Process (Ask, Get, Explore, Model, Communicate and Visualize).
- Execute tools to load, parse, clean, transform, merge, reshape, and store data.
- Compare regular Python, NumPy, and Pandas data structures and choose one for the given problem. Use the IPython shell and Jupyter notebook for exploratory computing.
- Execute simple machine learning or data mining algorithms.
- Organize data analysis following CRiSP-DM and Data Science Process
- Build engaging visualizations of data analysis using matplotlib
- Optimize data analysis applying available structure and methods
- Evalute, communicate and defend results of data analysis
- General qualifications:
- Solve real-world data analysis problems following a well-structured process
- Bachelor Degree 180 ECTS
- Foreign applicants must also document English skills in accordance with NOKUT's regulations.
In order to be able to apply for admission on the basis of realkompetanse, a minimum of 60 credits from previous studies is required.
- Programming knowledge
The course will be started at 22. August and finished with a digital home exam at 1. November. The course consist of weekly lectures published as videos, and exercises. In addition threre will be 3 digital live sessions with the lecturer.
Mandatory exercises: All mandatory exercises must be passed.
Individual home exam in - All aids
Grade: A- F
Changes may occur.