UiSDC is an academic and social forum, contributing towards a good research environment in Stavanger. UiSDC is the interest organisation of the PhD candidates at UiS.
As an interest organization, UiSDC represents the doctoral candidates and post-docs in different decision-making and administrative bodies at UiS.
UiSDC represents all registered research fellows and doctoral candidates and post-docs associated with UiS.
While some activities take place at the faculties, like faculty PhD gatherings, UiSDC can also be contacted if there is a need to organize activities across faculties.
The new board for 2021 consists of:
- President Hui Cheng (Department of Mechanical and Structural Engineering and Material Science)
- Vice president Marek Jan Janocha (Department of Mechanical and Structural Engineering and Material Science)
- Treasurer Xiangyu Quan (Department of Innovation, Management and Marketing)
- Communication coordinator Sanja Mrksic Kovacevic (Department of Safety, Economics and Planning)
In addition to the board, there are representatives of the PhD committees at each faculty:
- Andreas Fidjeland (Faculty of Social Sciences)
- Tone Njølstad Slotsvik (Faculty of Science and Technology)
- Kerenina Kezaride Dansholm (Faculty of Arts and Education)
- Jorunn Nærland Skjærpe (Faculty of Health Sciences)
PhD representatives in central UiS committees 2021:
UiSDC does not provide practical guidance on the study situation at Stavanger, such as accomodation, visa, costs, etc. For this type of information, we direct you to the Research Training Secretariat. They are responsible for administering research training at UiS, and can provide both administrative information and practical assistance.
The Faculty of Social Sciences
The Faculty of Health Sciences
Knut Sommerseth Lie
The Faculty of Science and Technology
Central PhD Administration