UiSDC is an academic and social forum, contributing towards a good research environment in Stavanger. UiSDC is the interest organisation of the PhD candidates at UiS.
As an interest organization, UiSDC represents the doctoral candidates and post-docs in different decision-making and administrative bodies at UiS.
UiSDC represents all registered research fellows and doctoral candidates and post-docs associated with UiS.
While some activities take place at the faculties, like faculty PhD gatherings, UiSDC can also be contacted if there is a need to organize activities across faculties.
The new board for 2022 consists of:
- President Sanja Mrkšić Kovačević (Department of Safety, Economics and Planning, Faculty of Science and Technology)
- Vice president Zihao Wang (Department of Mechanical and Structural Engineering and Material Science, Faculty of Science and Technology)
- Treasurer Chern Fong Lee (Department of Mechanical and Structural Engineering and Material Science, Faculty of Science and Technology)
- Communication coordinator Bindiya Dutt (Faculty of Science and Technology)
In addition to the board, there are representatives of the PhD committees at each faculty:
- Faculty of Social Sciences: Helle Austvik Tholo
- Faculty of Science and Technology: Mohamed Omran
- Faculty of Arts and Education: Jonas Taudal Bækgaard
- Faculty of Health Sciences: Ingvild Idsøe-Jakobsen
PhD representatives in central UiS committees 2022:
UiSDC does not provide practical guidance on the study situation at Stavanger, such as accomodation, visa, costs, etc. For this type of information, we direct you to the Research Training Secretariat. They are responsible for administering research training at UiS, and can provide both administrative information and practical assistance.
The Faculty of Social Sciences