Forskningsområder / Fields of interest
- Mangfold, sosiale relasjoner, inkluderende praksis og læringsmiljø
- Læring, identitet, livshendelser og framtidsorientering
- Ungdom, kjønn og identitet
- Inkluderende praksis
- Samarbeid hjem-skole
- Traumer, tilknytning og relasjoner
- Longitudinell etnografi og case-studier
Pågående forskning / Current research activities
- 2017 – 2022: ‘How parent engage in their children with special learning needs thinking about education’, financed by Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences/University of Stavanger (pilot project). Solveig Roth (University of Stavanger) and Ann-Cathrin Faldet (HINN).
- 2019 – ‘Impact of public authorities and educational technology on development of professional digital competence in teacher education and schools’ financed by UH Nett Vest (pilot project). Project leader Professor Tarja Tikkanen (University of Stavanger).
Utdanning / Degrees
- 2017: Doctor of Philosophy, Department of Education, Faculty of Educational Sciences, University of Oslo; Thesis: Educational trajectories in cultural worlds: An ethnographic study of multiethnic girls across different levels of schooling.
- 2006: Master of Arts Pedagogics, Department of Education, Faculty of Educational Sciences, University of Oslo; Thesis: How media influences youth identity construction.
- 2000: BA, Nordic languages (Nordisk mellomfag) at University College at Southeast Norway.
- 1990: Teacher Education, major in social and special education. Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences.
Arbeidserfaring / Employment
2020: Associated Professor, Head of Department, Porsgrunn. Norwegian Centre for Learning Environment and Behavioural research in Education, University of Stavanger.
2018: Associated Professor. Department of Education and Sports Science, Faculty of Arts and Education. University of Stavanger.
2015 – 2018: Lecturer/PhD candidate/Associate Professor (from 2017). Department of Education and Social Sciences, Faculty of Teacher Education and Pedagogics. Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences.
2011 – 2015: PhD candidate. Department of Education, Faculty of Educational Sciences, University of Oslo, Norway. 2012 – 2013: Temporal position as visiting researcher (six months) Graduate School of Education, Bristol, UK.
2009 – 2011: Lecturer, Group leader pedagogics 2010-2011.
Department of Education, Faculty of Social Sciences. Vestfold University College, Norway.
2007 – 2009: Clinical pedagogue (training). Vestfold Health Care, psychological health care for children and youth, 1994 – 2007: Teacher and Coordinator of Social and Special Needs educator. Vestfold, Larvik Community, Norway.
1994 – 2007: Teacher and Coordinator of Social and Special Needs educator. Vestfold, Larvik Community, Norway.