My research interests include patient- and user involvement, care coordination, digital health, social innovation, and health promotion. I conduct complex interventions with health professionals and patients in mental health and elderly care, to improve quality of care and health promotion through mechanisms of organizational learning and interprofessional collaboration, education, and simulation training. In my Ph.D., I developed an intervention program Service user involvement in practice which is one recommended approach to improving competencies about user involvement in inpatient mental healthcare in the revised Norwegian guidelines for Diagnosis, treatment and follow-up of people with psychosis disorder. Published peer-reviewed publications including in BMJ Open, BMC Health Services Research, International Journal of Integrated Care, Journal of Clinical Nursing, one book and several book chapters including in publications by Palgrave MacMillan and Taylor & Francis.
2017-2018 Norwegian Harkness Fellow in Health Care Policy and Practice. Principal and co-investigator for several research projects receiving grants from the Norwegian Research Council. Currently a member of the steering board of the Norwegian Health Services Research network with the aim to promote high-quality health services research in Norway.
Ongoing research projects:
- Workpackage Lead "Simulation and Training". More good days at home: Advancing health-promoting practices in municipal healthcare services
for older recipients of home care. Research Project funded by the Norwegian Research Council (2021-2025).
- Co-Investigator: Nurse Assisted eHealth Service from Hospital to Home: Ameliorating Burden of Treatment among Patients with Non-Communicable Diseases (2019-2023). Researcher Project funded by the Norwegian Research Council HELSEVEL.
- Principal Investigator: Digital Innovation in Mental health (2019-2023).
- Project Manager: Ledelse og teknologi for en integrert helsetjeneste (2019-2023). Funded by the University of Stavanger (Faculty of Health and UiS-Business School).
- Coordination and social innovation in health services for people with serious mental illness. Funded by the University of Stavanger (2019-2023). PhD-supervisor.
- E-health coordination of health services for older multimorbid patients living at home. Funded by University of Stavanger (2016-2022). PhD-supervisor.
- Brukermedvirkning og samvalg i psykisk helsevern for ungdom. Funded by the University of Stavanger (2016-2020). PhD-supervisor.
- Safety perceptions of assistive technology used at home. Funded by Stord/Haugesund University College (2016-2020). Co-supervisor PhD student.