Updated Tuesday March 24 at 16:20. This article will be updated continuously with new information.
On March 24, the Norwegian government decided that universities throughout the country will remain closed.
Until further notice, this means that:
- UiS campuses are closed for students and employees with the exception of personnel that are vital in order to maintain critical operation of the university.
- All campus-based teaching is cancelled. The UiS will facilitate digital teaching to the extent possible. Check Canvas regularly for information on changes of teaching methods.
- The UiS will facilitate alternative examination methods to the extent possible. Your teacher will publish information about this on Canvas.
- Supervised professional training in health programmes will continue as planned. All other supervised training is cancelled.
- All UiS events are postponed or cancelled
- The UiS has taken measures throughout the organization and is monitoring the situation daily to prevent transmission of infection. Advice and guidelines will be updated according to measures taken by local and national authorities and in keeping with other Norwegian universities
What should I do if I think I may have contracted the virus?
- Contact your general practitioner or the emergency room 116 117 by phone for advice and how to proceed.
- We ask all our students who have tested positive for coronavirus to please inform us about this through email@example.com.
- Employees who have tested positive for the virus, or are in quarantine, must inform their immediate manager about this.
Questions and answers
If you have any questions that this article does not address, please go to our questions and answers site.