- As you approach the submission of your thesis, contact the PhD coordinator at your faculty, for a review of the procedures in the final phase. At the Faculty for Arts and Education, there is a final seminar (avslutningsseminar).
- Hand in the stipulated application form for the assessment of the dissertation to the PhD coordinator, along with the necessary attachments.
- After submission, you may asked the faculty om permission to correct formal errors in the thesis (errata), cf. PhD regulations § 7-7.
- After the dissertation has been approved you will, in cooperation with Attende, make an official UiS front page for the thesis
- Contact the PhD coordinator at the faculty to get a serial number, ISBN and ISSN numbers to be assigned to the thesis.
- Contact the printery to arrange printing and to ascertain the form in which the thesis must be submitted to them.
- After the public defence, contact the University Library regarding electronic publication in Brage.
Checklist for PhD candidate
Faculty of Arts and Education
Telephone: +47 51 83 35 64
Astrid Tofte Aasmundtveit
Faculty of Social Sciences
Telephone: +47 51 83 27 87
Faculty of Health Sciences
Knut Sommerseth Lie
Telephone: +47 51 83 15 65
Faculty of Science and Technology
Telephone: +47 51 83 20 37
Central PhD Administration
Telephone: +47 51 83 11 80