The project plan should follow the template for the project plan for the PhD programme in Health and Medicine. The candidate must submit their project plan within 3 months after admission.
The course component of the PhD programme shall comprise of at least 30 ECTS credits, which are distributed as follows:
- Philosophy of science and ethics, 10 credits
- Research methods, 10 credits
- Specialization course(s), 10 credits
The doctoral training also comprises of compulsory academic dissemination. The following components must be completed:
- Regular presentation of research progress in your academic group
- At least one presentation at an international academic conference during the doctoral education
- At least one popular science contribution during the doctoral education
Mid-term evaluation (50% seminar)
A mid-term evaluation of doctoral thesis work will be conducted either in the third or fourth semester (if the candidate follows a three-year cycle). The candidate will present his/her work for assessment by an evaluation team, consisting of at least one persons appointed by the faculty.
A 90% seminar will be held towards the end of the PhD course, prior to the candidate submitting his/her thesis for evaluation.
If the PhD thesis will consist mainly of articles, at least 3 articles must have the PhD candidate as first author. At least 1 article must have been accepted for publication in a peer reviewed, scientific journal. At least 1 article must have been submitted, and the rest of the articles must have been made ready for submission.