UiSDC is primarily an academic and social forum, contributing towards a good research environment in Stavanger. As an interest organization, UiSDC also represents the doctoral candidates and post-docs in different decision-making and administrative bodies at UiS.
UiSDC represents all registered research fellows and doctoral candidates and post-docs associated with UiS. While some activities take place at the faculties, like faculty PhD-gatherings, UiSDC can also be contacted if there is a need to organize activities across faculties.
The new board for 2020 consists of:
- President Rieska Mawarni Putri (Department of Mechanical and Structural Engineering and Material Science)
- Vice president Marek Jan Janocha (Department of Mechanical and Structural Engineering and Material Science)
- Treasurer Hui Cheng (Department of Mechanical and Structural Engineering and Material Science)
- Communication coordinator Kerenina K. Dansholm (Department of Education and Sports Science)
In addition to the board, there are representatives of the PhD committees at each faculty:
- Andreas Fidjeland (Faculty of Social Science)
- Lisbet Fjæran (Faculty of Technology and Natural Sciences)
- Johana Montalvan Castilla (Faculty of Arts and Education)
- Jorun Nærland Skjærpe (Faculty of Health Sciences)
PhD representatives in central UiS committees 2020:
UiSDC does not provide practical guidance on the study situation at Stavanger, such as accomodation, visa, costs, etc. For this type of information, we direct you to the Practical Information page on the UiS web.