UiSDC is primarily an academic and social forum, contributing towards a good research environment in Stavanger. As an interest organization, UiSDC also represents the doctoral candidates in different decision-making and administrative bodies at UiS.
UiSDC represents all registred research fellows and doctoral candidates associated with UiS. While some activities take place at the faculties, like faculty PhD-gatherings, UiSDC can also be contacted if there is a need to organize activities across faculties.
The UISDC board consists of:
- Leader Muhammad Ahmad Tauqeer (Department of Mechanical and Structural Engineering and Materials Science)
- Vice leader Tristan Nabong (UiS Business School)
- Treasurer Christian Kuran (Department of Industrial Economics, Risk Management and Planning)
- Communicator Veronica Blumenthal (The Norwegian School of Hotel Management)
In addition to the board, there are representatives of the PhD committees at each faculty:
- Kristin Sunde (UK)
- Marie Gussgard Volckmar-Eeg (SV)
- Lisbeth Fjæran (TN)
- Oda Karin Nordfonn (HV)
PhD representatives in central UiS committees 2018-19:
- Central Research Committee: Veronica Blumenthal
- Research Ethics Committee: Christian Kuran
UiSDC does not provide practical guidance on the study situation at Stavanger, such as accomodation, visa, costs, etc. For this type of information, we direct you to the Practical Information page on the UiS web.
If you have any questions or comments of academic and/or social nature, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Research Training Secretariat is responsible for administering research training at UiS, and can provide both administrative information and practical assistance.
The Faculty of Arts and Education
Phone: 51 83 35 64
The Faculty of Social Sciences
Phone: 51 83 27 87
The Faculty of Science and Technology
Elisabeth Stornes Paulsen
Phone: 51 83 17 30
Central PhD Administration
Robert Eroll Radu
Phone: 51 83 24 44