There are ground breaking research and development efforts at the front-end of these modern trends on important engineering aspects such as, nano- materials, mechatronics, corrosion and tribology, elastomers technology, robotic technology, intelligent control systems, sensor technology and instrumentation, etc.
The advancements in these disciplines are very critical to the modern assets, systems, and equipment for safe, cost-effective, and environmentally friendly operations. Real industrial challenges have already provided many interesting avenues to explore new applications and solutions through collaborative efforts.
Interested and want to learn more about the Knowledge HUB? Download the flier here. (pdf)
Previous themes covered:
24. February 2016 (UiS): Study Tour: 3D Printing & 3D Scanning Technology
- Prof. Hirpa G. Lemu, UIS - Introduction to 3D Printing and Scanning Technology
- Prof. Vidar F. Hansen, UIS - Mechanical Properties and Microstructure in an additive manufactured nickel iron alloy.
04. March 2016 (UiS): New Technology Design and Depployment: Business Case of Reelwell
- Jostein Alexandersen, Director at Reelwell
11. May 2016 (UiS): Fatigue life prediction for engineering structures
- Dimitrios Pavlou, Professor, UIS
13. September 2016 (UiS): Data driven models for Business decision making: from technology integrity to economic decision
- Stian Bjerkenes, Gassco
- Gilberto Cervantes, MSc Student
04. November 2016 (UiS): Problem based innovation: Learning from student projects
- Professor Hirpa G. Lemu
05. April 2017 (UiS): 3D / Additive Manufacturing Regional Initiative
07. February 2019: Technology innovation and trends - Identifying innovation opportunities
Check for upcoming knowledge hubs here.