The theme of the conference is the intersection of risk, safety, security and resilience as well as the relationship between these areas of research. We do, however, welcome contributions on all topics related to the understanding, assessment, communication, management and governance of risk.
We welcome abstracts and presentations in English in one of the following formats
- Oral Presentations (individual): Submission of a single oral presentation by one or more authors. Oral session instructions: Visual presentations should be made in PowerPoint. Bring your presentation on a USB stick and upload it to the computer in your session room no later than the first coffee break on the day of your presentation.
Please keep to the timeline of 18 minutes (including questions) per presentation. Session chairs will be requested to be strict on the timeline, so please manage your time accordingly.
- Symposium (group): Submission of a collection of individual oral presentations by several authors. The symposium is organised around a unifying theme and includes an introduction by the symposium coordinator, the presentations, and a Q&A session at the end of the session, for a maximum of 90 minutes.
- Roundtable: A roundtable addresses a high-visibility topic of special interest in a 90-minute panel discussion format. The organiser submits an abstract that describes the topic and what the audience should expect to gain from the discussion. The organiser also lists the moderator and panelists, and their emails.
- Poster Presentations (individual): Submission of presentation in poster format by one or more authors.
Instruction for submitting abstracts:
- Length: Maximum 400 words
- Submission deadline: 1 October 2018
You will receive information about the assessment of your abstract by 8 October 2018.