The 20th European Symposium on Improved Oil Recovery (IOR 2019) took place in the Le Palais Beaumont in Pau, France. The first conference was in 1981 and since then, the event has been held every second years, alternating with the SPE IOR Symposium in Tulsa. The EAGE event always moves to a different city in Europe, North Africa and the Middle East to ensure that as many engineers and scientists from different countries can attend the symposium.
«The different event locations also enables regular participants to experience the culture of different parts of Europe and nearby,» EAGE states at their website.
Many Centre contributions
Around 200 engineers, academics, scientists, young professionals from companies, universities and research institutes across Europe and around the world attended the IOR 2019. Amongst these were several contributors from The National IOR Centre of Norway.
Centre director Merete Vadla Madland was in the organization committee. She also chaired the session on modelling foams. Other contributors were:
- Emanuela Kallesten (UiS): Permeability Evolution of Shear Failing Chalk Cores under Thermochemical Influence
- Mahmoud Ould Metidji (IFE): Synthesis and Characterization of a Reactive Fluorescent Tracer and its Possible Use for Reservoir Temperature's Data Collection
- Mario Silva (IFE): Alkylpyrazines - from the “Dinner Table” to the Oilfield: A New Class of Partitioning Tracers
- Pål Østebø Andersen (UiS): Simulation Interpretation of Capillary Pressure and Relative Permeability from Waterflooding Laboratory Experiments in Preferentially Oil-wet Porous Media (poster)
- Arild Lohne (NORCE): Modeling of Associative Polymer Flow in Porous Medium
- Pål Østebø Andersen (UiS): Interpretation of Induction Time and Nonstandard Spontaneous Imbibition Trends Utilizing In-situ Measurements – Identification of No-Flow Regions and Wettability Alteration (poster)
- Aleksandr Mamonov: Effect of Formation Water Composition on Initial Wetting and Smart Water EOR Potential in Sandstones (poster)
- Ingebret Fjelde: Determination of Sulphur Isotopic Ratio to Identify the Source for Sulphate in Reservoir Chalks and Formation Water (poster)
- Jan Inge Nygård: Simulation of Immiscible WAG Injection in a Stratified Reservoir - Characterization of WAG Performance (poster)
- Ivan Torrijos: Impact of Temperature on Wettability Alteration by Smart Water in Chalk (poster)