What is OLS?
OLS (Online Linguistic Support) are online language courses. The OLS can be used at any time from a computer, tablet or smartphone with an internet connection. The OLS courses include a variety of self-paced modules covering different linguistic areas, as well as "Live Coaching" interactive activities (online MOOCs, tutoring sessions and forums).
Who can benefit from the OLS?
The OLS are available to refugees based on the definition found in Art. 2 of Directive 2011/95/EU.
- individuals having already obtained refugee status after asylum application
- individuals having received a positive asylum decision with refugee status
- individuals having received a positive asylum decision with temporary/subsidiary protection or humanitarian protection
- asylum applicants
There is no age limit.
University of Stavanger has received 20 licences and we would like to distribute them as soon as possible.
What languages are available?
The OLS is not available in Norwegian, unfortunately (!) but offers courses in 12 languages and we assume that English might be of interest to some refugees in Norway. Good command of English is a prerequisite for any higher education/studies in Norway. There are also courses available in:
- German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch (A1 to C2 level)
- Czech, Danish, Greek, Polish and Swedish (A1 level)
- Portuguese (A1 to B2 level)
How to apply?
Refugees in Stavanger or the Rogaland region who are interested in OLS-courses can contact Magdalena Brekke by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Please send your e-mail address and information about which language course you are interested in.
More information about the courses is available at http://erasmusplusols.eu/ or
http://erasmusplusols.eu/ols4refugees/ (also in Arabic and Turkish).
We hope that this offer will be helpful for refugees in Norway!