In order to be eligible for master's programmes in Norway, you need to document a bachelor's degree of minimum three years. Depending on where you completed upper secondary education, you may be required to have more than three years of university education. Please check the GSU-list for detailed information and requirements for each country.
International applicants can apply for the following spesialisations within this programme:
- Applied Finance
- Business Innovation
- Strategic Marketing and Analytics
In order to be eligible for these specialisations, a Bachelor's degree including minimum 90 ECTS in the following subjects is required:
- Business Economics (accounting, investment analysis etc.)
- Administrative Sciences (marketing, organisation and leadership, business strategy etc.)
- Economics (macroeconomics, microeconomics etc.)
- Methodology (mathematics, statistics, research methods etc.)
The subjects within the fields of business economics and administrative sciences must be equal to minimum 30 ECTS. The methodology subjects must include both mathematics and statistics.
New requirement from 2018/2019 - GRE/GMAT
- GRE Revised General Test (GRE) with at least 152 points in the Quantitative Reasoning section.
You must add UiS as a recipient using our institutional code 0109. In addition you must upload a copy of your test result as PDF.
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) with at least 600 points.
You must order a score report to be sent online to the University of Stavanger. In addition you must upload a copy of your test result as PDF.
Test scores are valid for five years.
Applicants with a completed degree from an institution in Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland or Norway are exempted from the GRE/GMAT test.
Applicants who enter this programme as international applicants will after completing the programme receive the degree Master of Science in Business Administration. They will not automatically obtain the professional title siviløkonom.
The minimum GPA (grade point average) for admission to this Master’s programme is 60% or 3 on the ECTS grading scale. However, admission to this programme is highly competitive and applicants must demonstrate good academic standards and top grades.