Service Leadership in International Business - learning outcomes
When you graduate from the program you will have acquired the following knowledge, skills and competence:
- Know and understand important management and leadership challenges in tourism and hospitality industries.
- Know and understand fundamental theories for management and leadership in the tourism and hospitality industries.
- Know and understand the psychology of employees and customers.
- Know and understand the principles of doing research in management-related social sciences.
- Be able to make strategic considerations and build up a business strategy.
- Be able to search, evaluate and integrate state-of-the art existing knowledge.
- Be able to choose and apply, in an ethical way, relevant knowledge on hospitality- and tourism relevant problems and challenges, decisions, implementation and control.
- Be able to structure problems, and collect and apply information to make optimal decisions.
- Be able to plan and conduct research.
- Be able to write managerial memos and scientific papers.
- Have a lasting competence to work as a manager and leader in service related industries.
- Have an ability to facilitate the operation of a multicultural work place and to work effectively as a team member in international networks.
- Have acquired competence to contribute to science and knowledge.
- Have a scientifically based competence for life-long learning.
- Be ready to enter a PhD program
Last updated: 24.01.2020