Check-list and deadlines
1) Accept or decline the study offer
- Accept or decline the study offer in SøknadsWeb within the deadline given in your admission letter
NB! Postponement or deferment cannot be granted. Only if your study programme is cancelled in the academic year 2020/2021 OR not offered online during the fall semester, your admission will be deferred to the following academic year. This also applies to the admitted students from Iran who have difficulty in transferring the deposit money within 1 August due to the economic sanction.
2) Study permit/visa
- Read the information about Study permit application for EU/EEA citizens (pdf)
- Read the information about Documentation of financing for students applying for study permit in Norway (pdf) and follow the instructions
- Read the information about Study permit application for non-EU/EEA citizens (pdf)
- Use an automatic confirmation of housing application for your visa application. UDI is informed that the University of Stavanger does not guarantee housing for all international students.
- For those who have not transferred the required deposit of 121 220 NOK yet, the deadline for transferring the deposit of 1 June is now postponed until 1 August. This is the absolute final deadline, therefore we are unable to accept any transfer registered after 2 August.
- This amount has recently been increased to 123 519 NOK by UDI. However, UDI accepts both amounts, so if you have already transferred the required amount, you do not need to be worried about this change.
- Information about how to register at the police and obtain a Norwegian ID number can be found here.
3) Information about accommodation in Stavanger
- Apply via https://studentensbeste.no/english/ (Do not use Internet Explorer! Use Firefox, Chrome or Safari.)
- Apply within 15 April (If you miss the deadline, you will be placed on the waiting list and will be contacted as a room becomes available.)
- "How to apply" video
- Remeber to use your housing application code given on your Letter of Admission.
- NB! Hotmail has a problem with receiving an automatic confirmation, which you need for your study permit application.
- There are no family/couple flats available to international students.
- If you receive a housing offer, you will receive a notification via email. Scroll down to find an English version. The housing contract will be sent to your user accountin Boligtorget. Log into your account, download, sign and send it back/upload it within the given deadline.
- You will receive only one housing offer and if you reject it, you have to make your own arrangement.
- Housing contracts will be from 1 August. You cannot move in before that date.
4) Pre-Arrival Webinar
- Meet us online for a second Pre-Arrival Webinar!
- Date: 13 August 2020, 13:00-14:30 (CET)
- Admissions Office presentation from the webinar on 13 August
- International Student Union from the webinar on 13 August
- Q&A from the webinar on 13 August
- Webinar presentation from the webinar on 9 June
- Q&A from Pre-Arrival Webinar on 9 June
5) Activatoin of IT user account and Student registration
- Only available after 2 August. It is not possible to activate your student account and register as a student until 2 August. The deadline for student registration is 1 September.
6) Arrival to Stavanger
- Autumn semester starts officially on 10 August.
- Most of courses will be offered online in Autumn 2020. However, the Nordic Master in Social Work and Welfare is cancelled in the academic year 2020/2021. Master in Literacy, Master in Music Performance, Music Production and Recording will not be offered online in Autumn 2020.
- International students who are unable to arrive in Stavager in August are required to arrive in early January.
NB! All students must present their original documentation, i.e. diplomas and transcripts from college/university upon arrival in Stavanger. Students failing to present all relevant original documents upon request may be denied admission.
7) Join our Facebook group!
International students at the University of Stavanger have their own Facebook gorup. The link is available here! You are invited for "International Students 2020-2021" group at the University of Stavanger.
Please send a request with your application number so that we can find you on the list of new students. If you have already sent a request and not accepted, please check the private message.