In this section you will find more information about:
- Important information before you apply
- Documentation naming system
- Documentation checklist
- Additional documentation requirements for applicants who have completed their university education in Cameroon, China, Ethiopia, Chana, Iran, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Russia, Ukraine
- Only upload official documentation.
- Only submit what is required. Other documentation will not be taken into consideration and only delays the admission process.
- There must only be one file uploaded for each type of document. For example, transcript of records; all pages have to be uploaded together as one PDF file.
- Scanned documents must be clear and legible. Revers pages with official signatures and stamps must also be uploaded. Photos, bad quality copies and unreadable documents will not be considered.
- You can see the documents you have uploaded in ‘My Documents’ in the application portal Søknadsweb.
- If you have documents stored in "My documents" in the application portal Søknadsweb from previous applications, you do not have to upload the same documents again.
Please name the documentation as follows before uploading the files:
|Document type||File name|
|2. Transcript of records||TOR-BC (Bachelor's)
TOR-MA (Master's), if applicable
|3. Diploma(s)||DIP-BC (Bachelor's)
DIP-MA (Master's), if applicable
|4. English language requirements||ENG|
|5. Final diploma from higher secondary education||SEC-country
|6. Passport copy||PASS|
|7. GMAT/GRE (only for MSc in Business Administration)||GMAT
|8. Statement of Purpose (only for Nordic Master in Social Work and Welfare)||SOP|
|9. Documentation of Financing (if applicable)||FIN|
Updated document must be uploaded as one PDF file.
2. Transcript of records:
Upload the transcript of records from all your higher education. If the documentation is not in Norwegian, Danish, Swedish or English, it must be officially translated. Both translations and originals must be uploaded in the same PDF file.
3. Bachelor's diploma(s):
Upload the final diploma from your higher education. If the document is not in Norwegian, Danish, Swedish or English, it must be officially translated. Both translations and originals must be uploaded in the same PDF file.
Upload the document as PDF file.
5. Final diploma from higher secondary school:
Upload final diploma from your higher secondary school. This document does not need to be translated.
6. Copy of passport /Documentation of change of name (If applicable):
Upload a scanned copy of your passport, only the page with photograph and name. The passport must be valid by the time of applying.
In case you have changed your name, please provide documentation of this in the same PDF file. If the document is not in Norwegian, Danish, Swedish or English, it must be officially translated. Both translations and originals must be uploaded in the same PDF file.
7. Documentation of GMAT/GRE results (only for applicants to the MSc in Business Administration):
Upload the document as PDF file.
8. Statement of Purpose (only for applicants to the Nordic Master Programme in Social Work and Welfare):
You must include a 1-page statement of purpose addressing your interest in social work and welfare.
9.Documentation of financing (if applicable):
Non-EU/EEA applicants must attach documentation of financing with their application. You must document an access to at least NOK 116,369 for the first academic year (this amount is subject to change).
This is not applicable for those who apply for a Erasmus Mundus scholarship for Social Work with Families and Children programme, EU/EEA citizens, Nordic citizens and applicants with a permanent or renewable residence permit in Norway.
Late submission of specific documents
Final diploma and final transcripts
If you finish your Bachelor’s degree after 1 March and are not able to submit your Final Diploma and Final transcripts within the deadline you may deliver these documents later. This requires that you and the International Admission Office have agreed on this via email, and that you submit all other required documentation within 1 March. You need to upload a document showing the subjects you will take during the last semester and a transcript including all the courses you have taken until the day of applying.
Last day to submit the Final Diploma and Final transcripts:
GMAT/GRE/English test results
If you are not able to submit your test results within the deadline, you need to upload the receipt of your test registration within 1 March. The last day to submit the test results is 1 June. This requires that you and the International Admission Office have agreed on this via e-mail, and that you submit all other required documentation within 1 March.
Applicants who have completed their University education in Cameroon, China, Ethiopia, Ghana, Iran, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Russia, or Ukraine must fulfill the additional documentation requirements:
- Cameroon/ Ghna/ Nigeria: Scanned diploma and transcripts must be officially certified by the awarding institution. If you have not yet received a final bachelor's degree diploma you must upload a Success Certificate/Attestation of results. It must be clear from your transcript when the degree was conferred. Note: We do not accept Success Certificate(s)/Attestation(s) of results older than 3 years.
- China: China Higher Education Student Information & Career Center (CHESICC) verifcation reports can be uploaded if there is a verification barcode on the document. The China Academic Degrees and Graduate Education Development center (CDGDC) verification reports have to be sent directly to the University of Stavanger.We recommend sending the verification report by courier (DHL/FedEx). Submitted documents will not be returned to the applicant or issuing institution.
The University of Stavanger must receive all required documentation by 1 March:
University of Stavanger
University of Stavanger
P.O. Box 8600 FORUS
- Ethiopia: Scanned diploma and transcripts must be officially certified by the awarding institution. If you have not yet received a final Bachelor's Degree certificate you must upload a temporary certificate of graduation. It must be clear from your transcripts when the degree was conferred. Note: We do not accept temporary certificates older than 3 years.
- Iran: Translations must be certified by either the Iranian Ministry of Justice or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tehran (not by local justice administrations). Please note that the original language version must always accompany the translation.
- Nepal: Scanned final degree certificate and transcripts must be officially certified by the awarding institution. Provisional certificates, character certificates or other certificates are not accepted.
- Pakistan: Scanned diploma and all pages of transcript of records must be certified by the Higher Education Commission (HEC).
- Russia: Higher educational documents issued in 2011 and later must be apostilled under the current rules set by Rosobrnadzor. Please read more on NOKUT's website.
- Ukraine: Higher education documents issued in Ukraine must be apostilled under the current rules set by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
Submission of fraudulent documents is illegal, and will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
By applying to the University of Stavanger you agree to allow the University of Stavanger to verify the authenticity of your documentation. The University of Stavanger maintains the right to contact governments, agencies, institutions and associations in order to verify your documentation.