Please read the information carefully and remember that:
• During the application process your SPAM filter (preventing bulk or junk e-mail) should be set on the lowest level as we send out many of the notifications to more than one applicant.
• Please send all your questions by e-mail to email@example.com
• We admit students only once a year, in the Autumn semester.
We wish you good luck with your application!
01.01. Application portal closes (for international applicants)
Deadline for registering your online application for all programmes offered to international students by the Faculty of Performing Arts.
01.01. Deadline for uploading documents and submittig additional application form
Deadline for uploading all required documents in the online application web and submitting the additional application form. Please read closely the Admission Requirements.
TOEFL & IELTS test are considered valid for 2 years only.
January 1st is the final deadline for uploading the English test results (TOEFL or IELTS).
January 1st is also the deadline for providing links to uploaded recordings on YouTube, Vimeo etc.
If you have informed us in the additional application form that you plan to come to Stavanger for an entrance audition in week 10, it is possible to use one of the Facultys accompanists. The final deadline for uploading the sheet music in the application web is January 1st, 2020.
March and April: Application evaluation
The application documents will be processed by appropriate admissions committees at the Faculty of Performing Arts during March/ April.
01.05. Notification of application outcome
Within the end of April you will be notified about the outcome of your application via e-mail and directly in the online application web.
(For applicants who have auditioned in week 10 the announcement will be sent by e-mail in the middle of March.)
The Letter of Admission will be sent by e-mail and published in the application web for those who has been found qualified and offered a study place. When you receive the Letter of admission you should immediately contact the Norwegian Embassy or Consulate in your home country. More information on visas and application forms for students are available at http://www.udi.no.
May is also the deadline for booking your accommodation if you wish to move into one of our student dormitories. See the University's webpage regarding accommodation deadlines.
May: Several deadlines
Exact deadline will be published in the Letter of Admission and in the e-mail:
- Accepting the study place within the deadline either by e-mail or directly in the application web.
- Transfer the requested guarantee to the SiS Student Deposit Account (students who are offered a scholarship are exempted). Norwegian Immigration Authorities (UDI) require a guarantee of approx. NOK 109.000 for the academic year from all the self- financing students coming from non EU countries. Exact deadline will be published in the Letter of Admission.
July: Pick-up service reservation
Deadline for electronic reservation of a "pick-up service" from the airport, buss or train station. More information on the Universitys webpage and in the Letter of Admission.
August: Semester start
In the beginning of August the Arrival Days and Orientation Days will take place in Stavanger (mandatory attendance). Information about the programme will be published in June/July.
01.09. Final day of study start
Should you not receive visa in time or arrive delayed to Stavanger, please have in mind that students are not allowed to start their studies at UiS after September 1.