The course is meant for students who have a basic knowledge of Norwegian and will therefore require minimum A2 or equivalent level of Norwegian.
Upon successful completion of the course and passed final exam, students meet the Norwegian language requirement demanded by the Norwegian Universities and Colleges Admission Service (NUCAS) to be admitted to Norwegian universities and colleges.
Please note that the attendance at all the classes is obligatory. You cannot combine this study programme with full-time work/study.
Students of the Norwegian Language and Culture programme are not eligible for financial support from the Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund (Lånekassen).
The following applicants will be prioritised in accordance with UU Sak 30/18 approved by the Education Committee on 19 September 2018:
- Applicants residing in Norway without any higher education beyond basic academic requirements mentioned in the GSU-list.
- Applicants residing in Norway without academic education equivalent to a Master's degree in Norway. (N.B. Students currently enrolled in a master degree programme will be placed under group 4.)
- Applicants from outside Norway without higher education beyond basic academic requirements mentioned in the GSU-list.
- Applicants residing in Norway with higher education equivalent to a Master's degree in Norway.
- Applicants from outside Norway with higher academic education.