In this section you will find more information about:
- Important information before you apply
- Documentation Naming system
- Documentation Checklist
- Additional documentation requirements for applicants who have completed higher secondary school in Iran, Gambia, Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria, and Pakistan
- Only upload official documentation.
- Only submit what is required. Other documentation will not be taken into consideration and only delays the admission process.
- There must only be one file uploaded for each type of document. For example, transcript of records; all pages have to be uploaded together as one PDF file.
- Scanned documents must be clear and legible. Revers pages with official signatures and stamps must also be uploaded. The text must appear "right -side up". Photos, bad quality copies and unreadable documents will not be considered.
- You can see the documents you have uploaded in ‘My Documents’ in the application portal Søknadsweb.
- If you have documents stored in "My documents" in the application portal Søknadsweb from previous applications, you do not have to upload the same documents again.
Please name the documentation as follows before uploading the files:
|Documentation type||File name|
|2. Statement of purpose||SOP|
|3. Final diploma from higher secondary education||SEC-country
|4. University diploma and Transcripts of records (if applicable)||DIP-BC (Bachelor's) DIP-MA (Master's)
|5. English language requirements||ENG|
|6. Norwegian language requirements||NORSK|
|7. Passport copy||PASS|
|8. Official documents proving residential address in Norway (if applicable)||RES-EU/EEA|
|9. Documentation of financing (if applicable)||FIN|
Updated document must be uploaded as one PDF file.
2. Statement of purpose
Maximum 600 words.
3. Final diploma from higher secondary education
This document must be in accordance with the GSU-list. If the document is not in Norwegian, Danish, Swedish or English, it must be officially translated. Both translations and originals must be uploaded in the same PDF file.
4. University diploma(s) and transcript of records (if applicable):
Upload the final diploma and the transcript of records from all your higher education. If the documentation is not in Norwegian, Danish, Swedish or English, it must be officially translated. Both translations and originals must be uploaded in the same PDF file.
Upload the document as PDF.
Uplaod the document as PDF.
7. Copy of passport /Documentation of change of name (If applicable):
Upload a scanned copy of your passport, only the page with photograph and name. The passport must be valid by the time of applying.
In case you have changed your name, please provide documentation of this in the same PDF file as the passport. If the documentation is not in Norwegian, Danish, Swedish or English, it must be officially translated. Both translations and originals must be uploaded in the same PDF file.
8. Official documents proving residential address in Norway (if applicable):
Only applicable for applicants residing in Norway. For example, Residence Certificate from Skatt Vest/Skatteetaten.
9. Documentation of financing (if applicable):
Non-EU/EEA applicants who need a study permit to stay in Norway during the period of study must attach documentation of financing with their application. You must document an access to at least NOK 116,369 for the first academic year (this amount is subject to change).
This is not applicable for EU/EEA citizens, Nordic citizens and applicants with a permanent/renewable residence permit in Norway.
Late submission of specific documents
Final diploma and final transcripts
EU-applicants who graduate in June and cannot present their final diploma by the deadline should upload a temporary or interim transcript of records together with a confirmation issued by their secondary school, stating the date of expected graduation. This requires that you and the Admission Office have agreed on this via email, and that you submit all other required documentation within 1 March. However please note that the university has a limited number of study places available for this study programme. Those who deliver completed application will be evaluated first.
Last day to submit the final diploma and final transcripts for non EU/EEA applicants residing outside Norway:
Last day to submit the final diploma and final transcripts for EU/EEA applicants and applicants residing in Norway:
English/Norwegian test results
If you are not able to submit your test results within the deadline, you need to inform your planned testing date within 1 March. This requires that you and the Admission Office have agreed on this via e-mail, and that you submit all other required documentation within 1 March. However please note that the university has a limited number of study places available for this study programme. Those who deliver completed application will be evaluated first.
Last day to submit the test results for non EU/EEA applicants residing outside Norway: 1 June
Last day to submit the test results for EU/EEA applicants and applicants residing in Norway: 1 July
Applicants who have completed their education in Gambia, Ghana, Iran, Liberia, Nigeria, or Pakistan must fulfil the additional documentation requirements:
- Iran: Both Pre-University Diploma and High School Diploma have to be officially translated and translations must be certified by either the Iranian Ministry of Justice or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tehran (not by local justice administrations). Please note that the original language version must always accompany the translation.
- Gambia/ Ghana/ Liberia/ Nigeria: Access card/scratch card for the WAEC online result has to be provided. Please double check that your results are available online.
- Pakistan: Documentation from higher education must be certified by the Higher Education Commission (HEC).
Submission of fraudulent documents is illegal, and will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
By applying to the University of Stavanger you agree to allow the University of Stavanger to verify the authenticity of your documentation. The University of Stavanger maintains the right to contact governments, agencies, institutions and associations in order to verify your documentation.