- Classification of pollutant chemicals and different kinds of pollution.
- Major sources of pollution from industries and the society.
- Pollution issues related to terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems.
- Environmental behaviour and fate of pollutant chemicals
- Uptake and distribution of pollutants in organisms
- Biological effects of pollutant chemicals in individual organisms and populations
- Standardised methods for assessment of chemical toxicity
- Methods used in environmental monitoring and environmental risk assessment
- Environmental regulation of chemicals
- Environmental issues in offshore oil and gas industry
- Ecotoxicology in the Arctic environment
- Climatic issues and ocean acidification issues
- Emerging environmental pollutants
Required prerequisite knowledge
|Written exam||1/1||4 hours||A - F||None permitted|
Method of work
|Aquatic Ecotoxicology (MET220_1)||10|
|Offshore Industry and External Environment (MOT490_1)||5|
Chemistry and Environmental Engineering - Bachelor's Degree Programme
Biological Chemistry - Master of Science Degree Programme
Environmental Engineering - Master of Science Degree Programme
Link to reading list
Last updated: 04.08.2020