- Have knowledge about standard numerical techniques that can be used to study petroleum related models
- Be able to formulate central (partial and ordinary) differential equations relevant for porous media and well flow, transient as well as stationary models. Know related closure laws and correlations that are involved in such models.
- Be able to formulate discretizations of such mathematical models and assess properties like stability and accuracy.
- Be trained in implementing (in matlab) such numerical methods
- Know specific applications of the models that are presented.
- Have a general understanding about the role played by mathematical models and computational methods as a tool in petroleum related operations.
Required prerequisite knowledge
|Written exam||1/1||4 hours||A - F||Valid calculator. |
Method of work
Industrial economics - Master's Degree Programme - 5 year
Petroleum Engineering - Master of Science Degree Programme
Petroleum Engineering - Master`s Degree programme in Petroleum Engineering, 5 years
Last updated: 11.12.2019