- Plan, prepare and evaluate structured teaching of ski play, cross-country skiing and slalom skiing
- Observe and evaluate exercise programmes or alternatives that may be appropriate for the different ski-styles
- Plan, prepare and evaluate winter mountain excursions
- Be able to account for the different factors that can contribute to the avalanche.
- Reflect on their own and other people's leadership of winter mountain excursions.
- Demonstrate knowledge and basic techniques of cross-country skiing, slalom skiing and ski play
- Prepare skis
- Be able to recognize avalanche dangerous areas, and make secure choices.
- Could prevent and treat frostbite.
- Be able to build and evaluate emergency bivuac-forms in the snow
- Be able to take care of themselves in the winter mountains.
- Be able to ensure the safety of various forms of tours and activity.
- Ski courses: Ski play, skate skiing, classic ski, Telemark ski or Alpine skiing 6 days
- Novise winter excursion 4 days.
- Beginner winterexcursion 3 days
- Profesion winter excursion 4 days.
- Excursion planning with route planning and risk assessment
- Student-led excursion with other students. 4 days
- Outdoor leadership theory and practice
- Equipment and packing
- Different snow types and snow conditions caused by temperature changes, wind and sun.
- Accident prevention and first aid for outdoor winter.
- Map, compass and GPS
|Praktisk vurdering||3/5||A - F|
|Written exam||2/5||4 hours||A - F||None permitted|
- 4 hours written exam with no aid.
Grade assessment of practical skills. Counts for 60% of the given grade:
- Four-day advanced winter life excursion to Sirdal.
- Student -led group Winter excursions for a minimum of three nights.
- Five days in Nesbyen: ski play, Alpine skiing, skate skiing and classic cross-country skiing.
- Four day basic winter excursion to the "Frikvarteret" cabin at Ådneram in January.
- Three days basic winter life excursion to Sirdal.
- Course coordinator
- Åge Vigane
- Programme coordinator
- Cato Olsen Slettvold, Kari-Anne Svensen Malmo
- Course teacher
- Bjørnar Kjellstadli
Method of work
Eight days in Nesbyen: Ski play, Telemark skiing, Alpine skiing, skate skiing and classic cross-country skiing.
Three-day basic winter excursion to the Frikvarteret cabin at Ådneram in January. Module 1
Leading day excursions for sports students in their first year. Module 2
Four-day advanced winter life excursion to Sirdal. Module 3
Group winter excursions (egenferd) for a minimum of three nights. Module 4
Three-day outdoor coastal friluftsliv excursion to Langøy. Accommodation in tents.
Cycling day trip from Tungenes Lighthouse at Randaberg to Tanager harbour.
Group cycling trip (Egenferd). Minimum two nights.
Last updated: 22.10.2020