The Norwegian Public Dental Care Service provides free services for children up to the age of 18. Dental care for adults is mainly private.
The prioritised groups
- children and adolescents from birth to the year in which they turn 18
- mentally handicapped living in, or outside institutions
- groups of elderly, chronically ill and disabled people in institutions, or in home care
- adolescents turning 19 or 20 years in the year of treatment
- other groups that the county has decided to prioritize.