Moving goods

You may choose to send your belongings as freight by air, sea or road. Most airlines offer a service for transport of personal belongings. Transport by road or sea is often cheaper than by air.

The University of Stavanger covers moving expenses if the the Department Manager has approved. However, this applies usually to tenured professors / associate professors. 

The regulations requires that you obtain three bids for moving goods, and that you of course select the bid at lowest cost.

The University of Stavanger will reimburse the costs when you are registered as an employee at UiS (when you have got the work permit, Norwegian Identity Number, Norwegian Bank account etc).

Finding a moving company

If you do not want to organise the move yourself, you can use an international moving company. There are many companies operating in this field and you should spend some time to find the right company for you. Prices can vary a lot from one company to the next so it is worth the effort to compare.

It is a good idea to choose companies that have a base in or an affiliation with the country you are moving from or to. Most moving companies offer price estimates free of charge.