- Analyze, design and detail reinforced concrete different slabs;
- Analyze, design and detail pre-stressed concrete members;
- Asses the condition and strengthen existing concrete structures
- Analyze, design and detail deep beams and walls;
- Analyze, design and details concrete shell elements.
- Ability to analyze and design complex concrete structural elements in buildings and bridges.
- Assess and identify the performance of existing structures and plan solutions for their reinforcement
- Ability to work as structural engineer with higher level of competence
· Analysis and design of Pre-stressed concrete structures
· Assessment, retrofit and strengthening of existing structures
· Design of deep beams and walls
· Design of concrete shells
· Design of lightweight slabs systems
Required prerequisite knowledge
Recommended previous knowledge
|Written exam||1/1||4 hours||A - F||None permitted|
The students will require to be approved at least 6 out of in total 8 of the compulsory assignments in order to take the exam.
- Course coordinator
- Samarakoon Mudiyansele Samindi Samarakoon
- Head of Department
- Tor Henning Hemmingsen
- Course teacher
- Jarle Berge
Method of work
|Concrete Technology og Concrete Constructions (BYG600_1)||5|
- Gilbert R.I., Mickleborough N.C. and Ranzi, Gianluca (2017), Design of pre-stressed concrete to EC 2, second edition.
- Prab Bhatt, (2011) "Pre-stressed Concrete Design to Eurocodes", Taylor & Francis.
- NS-EN 1992-1-1:2004+NA: 2008- Eurocode 2: Design of Concrete structures, part 1-1: General rules and rules for buildings
- fib.(2011). "Design Examples for Strut-and-tie Models: Technical Report". Fédération internationale du béton, 220p.
- Fib bulletin 17(2002): Management, maintenance and strengthening of concrete structures
- NS-EN 1992-1-1:2004+NA: 2008- Eurocode 2: Design of Concrete structures, part 1-1: General rules and rules for building
- Sørensen, S.I. " Betongkonstruksjoner, Beregning og dimensjonering etter Eurocode 2, Tapir(Book 2)
Sist oppdatert: 18.08.2019