- The student will have an extended understanding of the concepts of mathematical modeling and simulation.
- The student will understand different control structures such as, cascade control, feed forward, deadtime compensation, gain scheduling, multivariable control with linear and nonlinear decoupling, and also other control structures.
- The student will have knowledge about basic robotics, with focus on use of feedback control for positioning and velocity of robotic joints.
- The student will understand what makes a robot autonomous.
- The student will be able to make mathematical models for arbitrary processes, both linear and nonlinear.
- The student will be able to find transfer functions and do frequency analysis.
- The student will be able to use different control structures (see above) and to tune their parameters in order to control arbitrary processes.
- The student will be able suggest a suitable control structure for a given process, and be able to list advantages and disadvantages with that control structure.
- The student will be able to design systems that makes it possible to control the position and velocity of the joints in a robot, both independently and multivariable.
- After this course the student will have an extended understanding of control structures and control systems.
- The student will have basic understanding of robots and autonomous systems.
Required prerequisite knowledge
- ELE320 Control Systems
- BIE240 Control systems
|Written exam||1/1||4 hours||A - F||No printed or written materials are allowed. Approved basic calculator allowed. |
Completion of mandatory lab assignments are to be made at the times and in the groups that are assigned and published. Absence due to illness or for other reasons must be communicated as soon as possible to the laboratory personnel. One cannot expect that provisions for completion of the lab assignments at other times are made unless prior arrangements with the laboratory personnel have been agreed upon.
Failure to complete the assigned labs on time or not having them approved will result in barring from taking the exam of the course.
Method of work
|Advanced control systems (MIK140_2)||6|
Process Dynamics and Control, International Student Version, 3rd Edition
(Seborg, Edgar, Mellichamp,Doyle)
Sist oppdatert: 17.10.2019